Are you looking for a comfortable place to explore your faith? Want to be connected to the needs of the community with a servant’s heart and genuine compassion for ALL people? Would you like to study and hear the Word of God within the Theological, Social, Cultural, Literary and Historical contexts in which they were written and read? Do you need a place that will lift up, embrace and empower the gifts you have to share with the world? While we are not a perfect place of worship, we strive to be genuine in our calling to share the Good News of Jesus Christ and how that manifests itself in and through our lives. Sometimes this means agreeing to disagree in love and grace, while always remembering that it is not about us, but about God’s Love for each of us!
Join us at First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) for Worship each Sunday at 8:45 am (contemporary praise music) and 11:00 am (traditional setting). Sunday school for all ages at 10:00 am
120 wonderful years and counting!
Here you will find information concerning our church and its ministries. We are a community of faith with diversity in age, race, and denominational background. We hope you find your time spent here a blessing. Our church is a warm and loving church, and we want you to feel comfortable and at liberty to call on us for anything you need. Feel free to browse through the various areas of our website and learn about our fellowship.
If you are considering a new place of worship or a relocation to our area, we would love to have you be our guest.
When you visit our church, you will find:
Each service in this series focuses on a word to consider while living Lent as Easter people. Highlighting the ways in which the passion narratives of Christ take on more significant meaning for us when we see them through the lens of the empty tomb. Each service helps us see that we are always alive in Christ, who died and was raised.
· Ash Wednesday — Ponder • Luke 5:27-32 • Lent is a time to ponder our relationship with God and with one another, to discover the love of God seen in the cross and empty tomb.
· Week 1 — Purpose • Luke 19:1-10 • This season is a time to find God’s purpose for our lives, fulfilled in our redemption by Jesus, who seeks and saves the lost and gives us new life.
· Week 2 — People • John 10:14-18 • We are called to be among people in this world. People matter to God; he sent Jesus to save them. People should matter to us; we are sent to love them.
· Week 3 — Proclaim • 1 Peter 2:9-10 • To proclaim the story of Christ is to paint a picture of the God who seeks and embraces us. Our proclamation of the Savior brings faith to life.
· Week 4 — Praise • Psalm 34:1-10 • Even in the midst of sorrow, we are called to celebrate the love of God and the joy that can be found only in Christ crucified, who reigns in glory now.
· Week 5 — Pain • Luke 15:11-32 & 23:26-49 • The pain of rejection and the pain of a father when a son leaves are juxtaposed against the reckless love of God revealed in Jesus, who wipes every tear from our eyes.